You are not logged in
Login Here
 View Thread 
AuthorMessage
Flocks of Stuff Send User a Message
Since: 1/1/2007

1/18/2007 10:08:53 PM 
Keeping tabs on a scam artist
The very first auction that I won seemed a little suspicious. I refused to pay when they encouraged me to wire money, and offered a substantial discount for doing so. What "nailed the coffin" for me was that the scam artist will not give a phone number, or address, and will not sale to Canada. The name I was given is Irene House, and their username at that time was new1. Apparently, this individual has scammed numerouse people, and he/she changes their username quite frequently. I was even told about a similiar problem through the folks @ Western Union. This may be the same person. I also reported this to the folks at the website, but the scammer just changed their username. I was lucky and did not send any money. Beware, if it seems too good to be true, than it probably is!

Last Edited 1/18/2007 10:11:05 PM
fishinlady Send User a Message
Since: 1/21/2007

View User Profile
1/21/2007 3:32:02 PM 
IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK BOGUS BIDDERS
I need to know if there is a way to block bogus bidders. I have so far not had a problem with any sellers, but I have had about 8 bogus sales! Is there a way to keep those same people from bidding on my other items?
Home  |  Search  |  Help  |  Membership  |  Register

Transmitted: 6/20/2019 12:38:37 PM