Login Here
 View Thread 
AuthorMessage
mjwjw2004 Send User a Message
Since: 8/13/2006

View User Profile
9/16/2006 7:10:32 PM 
FAKE PAYPAL
THIS BUYER (crystalstone4life) ON HERE HIT US WITH A FAKE PAYPAL!
rattqueen69 Send User a Message
Since: 10/7/2006

10/7/2006 6:01:44 PM 
Really?
I never knew there were people who could send fake pay pal emails? I use pay pal. I've never had this done to me.
How do you know the pay pal email is fake? I ask so if it happens to me I will know if it's fake or not.

I do get fake emails in my email inbox but I know those are fake because all emails sent from ebay and pay pal saying your account is closed or you need to send me money are fake. That I know. However I don't get if someone pays you by pay pal, and it shows up as being paid, how can you tell if that is fake? I've never had that problem.

Last Edited 10/7/2006 6:32:04 PM
mjwjw2004 Send User a Message
Since: 8/13/2006

View User Profile
10/21/2006 6:48:59 PM 

Whenever you get a email saying an item is paid for, Go to a new window and type www.paypal.com in and sign into your account to see if this sale is credited to your account! Never ever click on a link on that email you get with out doing the above! If not credited to your account it's 99.9% fake! Report and foward a copy to spoof@paypal.com
jbjacs Send User a Message
Since: 10/25/2006

10/25/2006 11:36:07 AM 
Fake Pay Pal!
All of items I have sold on this site have been scammers!
Out of 7 Items, I have gotten 7 fake Pay Pal emails! Do they think we are STUPID and dont check our account? They want you to ship before your account is credited! DONT DO IT! Its Fake! And they are ALL from Nigeria!!!! Watch Out!
jbjacs Send User a Message
Since: 10/25/2006

10/29/2006 10:42:23 AM 
qchex scams!
The FTC complaint states that in many cases scammers used a Qchex check to pay individuals or businesses for goods or services. The unwitting individual or business receiving such a check deposited it, and, because the check initially cleared, provided the goods or services to the scammers. But when the unauthorized check ultimately bounced, the amount of the check was debited from the recipientís account.

Scammers also used Qchex checks in overpayment schemes, in which the scammer overpaid an unsuspecting third party for items or services and asked that third party to wire back the difference between the price of the item or service and the amount of the bogus Qchex check. The checks initially cleared, so these recipients of Qchex checks wired the excess funds as requested. But again, when an unauthorized check ultimately bounced, the amount of the previously deposited Qchex check was debited from the victimís account.

Court Halts Illegal Operations of Online Check Processing Firm

alvirdie Send User a Message
Since: 12/21/2006

12/21/2006 4:45:40 AM 
Fake Paypal confirmations
Man, this is toatally rediculous. Can't make any money at all because of scammers.
I got scammed once due to fake paypal confirm. Now when I recieve a paypal confirm that I am curious about, I send it to spoof@paypal.com and ask thhem to confirm it first before I even bother to log into my paypal account. I hope this helps the newbies out there.
sco10101 Send User a Message
Since: 12/21/2006

12/21/2006 7:27:39 AM 
Check First
If you log onto your PayPal account you will see
the payment. If there is no payment then its a
fake email. I've gotten them before. Also, I
only ship to a PayPal verified address. Once I
tell the scammers that 99% of them go away.
GiftsGalore Send User a Message
Since: 11/17/2006

11/7/2008 8:42:31 AM 

quote:
Whenever you get a email saying an item is paid for, Go to a new window and type www.paypal.com in and sign into your account to see if this sale is credited to your account! Never ever click on a link on that email you get with out doing the above! If not credited to your account it's 99.9% fake! Report and foward a copy to spoof@paypal.com

If you are stupid enough to click on a link in an e-mail from account@paypal.net then you deserve to be scammed.

How hard is it to go to paypal.com and sign-in to check the status of a payment? People in our country are getting scammed partly because they are too lazy to make sure they aren't getting scammed by taking precautions.
splenda38 Send User a Message
Since: 4/9/2008

View User Profile
11/11/2008 9:06:41 AM 
Very Simple to recognize a Fake Paypal Email
quote:
I never knew there were people who could send fake pay pal emails? I use pay pal. I've never had this done to me.
How do you know the pay pal email is fake? I ask so if it happens to me I will know if it's fake or not.

I do get fake emails in my email inbox but I know those are fake because all emails sent from ebay and pay pal saying your account is closed or you need to send me money are fake. That I know. However I don't get if someone pays you by pay pal, and it shows up as being paid, how can you tell if that is fake? I've never had that problem.

IS VERY SIMPLE...LOOK LIKE PAYPAL LOGOS EVERYTHING BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THE FAKE PAYPAL DOES NEVER HAVE THE SAME NAME YOU USE WHEN YOU REGISTER...REMEMBER SCAMMERS DOES NOT WICH NAME YOU USE ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT...

THATS WHY EMAIL SAID:

DEAR MEMBER

Home  |  Search  |  Help  |  Membership  |  Register

Transmitted: 9/19/2019 6:41:58 AM